Bournemouth Suspend Alex Jiménez Amid Social Media Investigation

Screenshot
Screenshot
  • Bournemouth have dropped Alex Jiménez for the Fulham match while investigating social media allegations
  • The club says it “understands the seriousness of the matter” and is conducting an internal review
  • Jiménez has been a regular starter this season after his permanent move from AC Milan

AFC Bournemouth have suspended right-back Alex Jiménez from their squad and launched an investigation after allegations emerged on social media involving direct messages sent to a 15-year-old girl.

Screenshots circulating online claim to show exchanges between the 21-year-old and the teenager, with references to her age included in the conversation. Jiménez has not publicly responded to the allegations.

Bournemouth acted quickly on Friday morning, confirming that Jiménez would not be involved in the Premier League match against Fulham at the weekend while the matter is reviewed.

“The club understand the seriousness of the matter and it is currently being investigated,” Bournemouth said in a statement. “As a result, Alex will not be included in the squad for tomorrow’s Premier League game.”

It is a sudden and uncomfortable moment for a player who has become a regular feature in the side this season. Jiménez has been part of Andoni Iraola’s plans throughout the campaign, missing only a single league match since December as Bournemouth push toward the European places.

The timing also matters on the pitch. Bournemouth remain in the mix for a potential top-six finish, with the Premier League table tight enough that even small swings in form can shape a season. There is also the added significance that a European place could depend on finishing position, with several clubs still separated by fine margins.

Manager Andoni Iraola addressed the situation cautiously on the eve of the Fulham game, reflecting the uncertainty around the case.

“The club has to do their investigations and see what has really happened,” he said. “We will then move from there. I hope it’s not what we think.”

Jiménez only completed a permanent move to Bournemouth earlier this year after arriving initially on loan from AC Milan, with the club paying a significant fee to secure his long-term future.

He had previously come through the academy system at Real Madrid, spending more than a decade at the club before moving into senior football and later making his way to England.

On the pitch, his development has been steady. Quick, willing to overlap and increasingly trusted in possession, he had become one of Iraola’s more consistent performers during Bournemouth’s push up the table.

For now, though, football has moved into the background.

Bournemouth have made clear they will not comment further until their investigation is complete, and Jiménez’s future availability will depend entirely on the outcome of that process.

Avatar photo
WRITTEN BY

Hailey

Hailey Russell is a football journalist and former Division 1 collegiate athlete in the United States, bringing a unique blend of elite playing experience and professional insight to her work. Currently competing at the professional level in Europe, Hailey combines first-hand knowledge of the modern game with sharp analysis across match reports, player development, and tactical breakdowns.

More articles by Hailey →

Leave a Comment

Leave a Comment






The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

More in News

Curtis Jones Set to Leave Liverpool After 16 Years for £30m Inter Milan Move

Curtis Jones joined Liverpool's academy at the age of nine. ...

Frank Lampard’s Coventry Face Arsenal With No Fear After a 25-Year Wait for the Premier League

Four months ago, Coventry City fans lined the streets to ...
Zavier Gozo

Real Salt Lake Sell Zavier Gozo to Crystal Palace in Club-Record $15 Million Deal

Real Salt Lake announced Tuesday it has transferred homegrown winger ...
Andre Luiz seen during Liga Portugal game between teams of CF Estrela Amadora and Rio Ave FC at Estadio Jose Gomes (Maciej Rogowski/Ball Raw Images)

Sporting Kansas City Sign Brazilian Winger Andre Luiz in Club-Record Deal

Sporting Kansas City have added a new attacking piece to ...
Ernest Muci, Ezri Konsa during UEFA Europa Conference League 23/24 game between Aston Villa FC and Legia Warszawa at Villa Park, Birmingham, United Kingdom. (Maciej Rogowski) — Photo by mrogowski_photography

Arsenal Agree £51m Deal With Aston Villa to Sign Ezri Konsa

Arsenal have agreed a £51m deal to sign Ezri Konsa ...

Trending on Futbol Chronicle

Premier League

Map of All the Premier League Teams for 2025/26

The 2025/26 Premier League features 20 clubs spread across England, ...

Josef Martinez Returns to MLS Spotlight With Columbus Crew Signing

Columbus Crew have signed Josef Martinez, bringing one of the ...

Cristian Romero completes €40m move from Tottenham to Atlético Madrid

Cristian Romero has completed his transfer from Tottenham Hotspur to ...

Celta Vigo postpones LaLiga opener after fungus outbreak damages stadium pitch

Celta Vigo’s LaLiga opener against Osasuna has been postponed because ...
Lionel Messi

The Best Soccer Players of All Time: The 10 Greatest Ever Ranked

Ranking the greatest soccer players in history is a debate ...