Haaland Agent Dismisses Barcelona Transfer Talks

Erling Haaland #9 of Manchester City celebrates winning a free-kick during the Premier League match Manchester City vs Everton at Etihad Stadium, Manchester, United Kingdom, 31st December 202 — Photo by operations@newsimages.co.uk
Erling Haaland #9 of Manchester City celebrates winning a free-kick during the Premier League match Manchester City vs Everton at Etihad Stadium, Manchester, United Kingdom, 31st December 202 — Photo by operations@newsimages.co.uk
  • Erling Haaland’s agent has denied claims that negotiations have taken place over a move to FC Barcelona.
  • Presidential candidate Victor Font suggested he was pursuing a preferential option to sign the striker in the future.
  • The Norway international recently extended his contract with Manchester City F.C. until 2034.

Agent Rafaela Pimenta has dismissed suggestions that discussions have taken place regarding a potential transfer of Manchester City striker Erling Haaland to Barcelona.

Speaking to Spanish broadcaster La Sexta, Pimenta said there had been no contact with the Catalan club and insisted the Norway international remains happy at City after signing a long-term contract extension earlier this year.

“We have a lot of respect and admiration for Barcelona, but there hasn’t been any contact whatsoever regarding a potential transfer,” Pimenta said.

“The player renewed his contract a few months ago, he’s very happy at Manchester City. Everything is going very well for him and we really have nothing to discuss about a transfer when everything is so good at City.”

The comments came after Barcelona presidential hopeful Victor Font claimed he was working on securing a preferential option to sign Haaland should the striker decide to leave Manchester City in the future.

Font acknowledged that a move would not be possible in the short term, pointing to Haaland’s recently signed contract, but said his group wanted to ensure Barcelona would be well positioned if the forward became available later in his career.

Members of Font’s campaign team, including former Manchester City analyst Carles Planchart, met with City officials in Madrid on Wednesday. The meeting was attended by City chief executive Ferran Soriano and sporting director Hugo Viana.

A source indicated the meeting was largely a courtesy visit following Planchart’s nine-year association with the Premier League club.

Font nevertheless reiterated his admiration for Haaland when speaking to SER Catalunya, describing the striker as one of the world’s best and suggesting Barcelona must be ready should an opportunity arise.

Haaland, who has been linked with several European clubs during his career, remains under contract at Manchester City until 2034 following the extension agreed earlier this season.

Avatar photo
WRITTEN BY

Hailey

Hailey Russell is a football journalist and former Division 1 collegiate athlete in the United States, bringing a unique blend of elite playing experience and professional insight to her work. Currently competing at the professional level in Europe, Hailey combines first-hand knowledge of the modern game with sharp analysis across match reports, player development, and tactical breakdowns.

More articles by Hailey →

Leave a Comment

Leave a Comment






The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

More in News

Curtis Jones Set to Leave Liverpool After 16 Years for £30m Inter Milan Move

Curtis Jones joined Liverpool's academy at the age of nine. ...

Frank Lampard’s Coventry Face Arsenal With No Fear After a 25-Year Wait for the Premier League

Four months ago, Coventry City fans lined the streets to ...
Zavier Gozo

Real Salt Lake Sell Zavier Gozo to Crystal Palace in Club-Record $15 Million Deal

Real Salt Lake announced Tuesday it has transferred homegrown winger ...
Andre Luiz seen during Liga Portugal game between teams of CF Estrela Amadora and Rio Ave FC at Estadio Jose Gomes (Maciej Rogowski/Ball Raw Images)

Sporting Kansas City Sign Brazilian Winger Andre Luiz in Club-Record Deal

Sporting Kansas City have added a new attacking piece to ...
Ernest Muci, Ezri Konsa during UEFA Europa Conference League 23/24 game between Aston Villa FC and Legia Warszawa at Villa Park, Birmingham, United Kingdom. (Maciej Rogowski) — Photo by mrogowski_photography

Arsenal Agree £51m Deal With Aston Villa to Sign Ezri Konsa

Arsenal have agreed a £51m deal to sign Ezri Konsa ...

Trending on Futbol Chronicle

CHORZOW, POLAND - OCTOBER 11, 2018: Football Nations League division A group 3 match Poland vs Portugal 2:3 . In the picture assistant of referee. — Stock Editorial Photography

What Is Offsides in Soccer? The Offside Rule Fully Explained

A player is offside if any part of their head, ...
Lionel Messi

The Best Soccer Players of All Time: The 10 Greatest Ever Ranked

Ranking the greatest soccer players in history is a debate ...

Celta Vigo postpones LaLiga opener after fungus outbreak damages stadium pitch

Celta Vigo’s LaLiga opener against Osasuna has been postponed because ...

Cristian Romero completes €40m move from Tottenham to Atlético Madrid

Cristian Romero has completed his transfer from Tottenham Hotspur to ...
2026 World Cup ball

The Best World Cup YouTubers to Follow in 2026

The 2026 World Cup is the biggest in the tournament's ...